Igniting young minds with fun, creative, collaborative and safe learning
There’s been a lot of buzz about kids learning to code lately. KidTeenTech is a talent program for boys and girls ages 8 – 17 years. Our goal is to help kids with technology adoption at the early stage of life thereby becoming change agents in the future.
In today’s digital world, coding is a fundamental skill alongside math and reading, but too few kids have the opportunity to learn to program because it is rarely taught in school.
KidTeenTech’s mission is to create a fun and engaging platform where Kids/youth not only learn to program, but also have opportunities to be creative using code.
Here’s why learning to code is so important for children:
- Coding drives innovation. From self-driving cars to robot-assisted surgery to social media, computer science is revolutionizing every aspect of our lives. Coding is a fundamental skill that children need to learn so they can lead this movement.
- Coding allows kids to be creative. They can create projects that do really amazing things.
- Coding builds confidence. It is incredibly empowering for children to be able to create projects and show them off to family and friends.
- Coding is best learned early. Learning to code is similar to learning a second language. The earlier that children are exposed to fundamental topics like sequencing, loops, and conditionals, the more deeply they absorb these concepts.
- Coding translates to success in other areas. Learning to program supports learning in other areas, like math, reading, and science.
KidTeenTech blends modern day Coding, Programming, Robotics and Digital Art with purposeful exploration, self-expression and storytelling.
As our world continues to change, we give our kids all the tools to explore the “I wonder if…” Our programs incorporate all the elements of STEM.
There has also been a wrong notion that it is only adults who have grown to a certain age are supposed to try out coding, build websites and the likes. The answer is that kids can actually start out and nurture their career in coding, build websites, game Apps and also incubate ideas that will fetch them money.
IT industry is developing so fast that computer literacy and coding becomes as important as knowing how to read and write.
The world had long gone digital, every child from a tender age must be introduced to the idea of digital skills. KidTeenTech program will not just build your kids with the knowledge of Technology, but with the idea of creating digital solutions in helping their local community.
WHAT WILL MY KID LEARN?
Essentially, our kids are guided to learn, think, collaborate and communicate their ideas.
In computer programming, they learn things like block-based coding in Java script – the worlds most widely used coding language. This teaches them how to think and reason so that they can do things like instruct a game character how to walk through a maze.
While it is true that only a few kids will become professional athletes, there are currently millions of high paying positions that are unfilled and waiting for people with coding skills. Parents want their kids to have bright futures. KidTeenTech is the after school program where there is an opportunity for every kid to have fun today while building invaluable skills essential to a fulfilling, high paying career in the future.
Coding teaches children the language of computers so that they can become writers and not just readers of the content that surrounds them. KidTec is for kids who want to spend their free time building apps and publishing their own computer games; all the while surrounded by like-minded kids and knowledgeable instructors who care.
This program is not just about making or discovering developers, rather it strengthens problem solving and logical thinking skills. It is also useful for other aspects of our lives, careers and hobbies.
Every Nigerian child deserves a chance to learn how to code.
If you wish to register your child for participation in the program – complete the form below. By registering, you give us permission to process and store your personal data.